No Courses Scheduled
Is This Course For You?
If you are unsure whether the NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting course is appropriate for your skill level, then it likely is. If you have never had formal firearms training (not including a CCW class), then this course is geared for you. Most CCW Classes do not teach you how to shoot. Finally, if you have never had a basic pistol course and would like to attend “Pistol 2” courses with other firearms instructors, they will need proof of formal Basic Pistol training. This IS NOT a CCW Course; however, it is a perfect precursor to the CCW course because many CCW courses do not teach HOW to shoot.
NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting is a one day course intended for all individuals regardless of previous shooting experience or NRA-affiliation. Course address will be provided upon registration to protect the privacy and safety of our students.
You must be legally permitted to handle a firearm to take this course. This does not mean that you need a CCW permit. This means you must not be prohibited from handling a firearm.
Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to attend this course. Pregnant and nursing mothers, please consult your doctor.
- Firearms Safety
- Proper operation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- Pistol selection and storage
- Fundamentals of Marksmanship
- Pistol inspection and maintenance
- Shooting range safety
- Many more
- NRA Basics of Pistol Shooting written examination
- Training gun practical application
- Shooting range qualification course of fire
- Continual observation to ensure firearms safety rules are adhered to.
There are no pre-requisites.
- 25 Rounds of target ammunition minimum (Please contact us if you are unsure what to bring)
- 150 Rounds of target ammunition for optional FREE shooting clinic after course
- A reliable pistol (No AR/AK Pistols)
- 2 or more magazines for your Pistol
- Eye and ear protection
- Note-taking material
- Closed toe shoes
- Seasonal appropriate attire
- Gun case or bag to transfer your pistol to and from the range
- No refunds for cancellation
- If family or personal emergencies prevent you from attending, you may transfer your registration to a later course date scheduled within one (1) year of the course you originally registered for.
- These terms are subject to change at any time.